Sunday, October 5, 2008

mArChiNg bAnD cOmPeTiTiOn....

last nite while my family was at home watching the cubs i was out with a high school friend.....Tami. she called(well she doesn't talk on the phone so i guess she sent me a text) to see if i would like to go with her to watch her 2 girls (Kilie & Kacie) participate in a marching band competition....let me look at my schedule....looks like this nite is open....so yes i am in!!!! i tell my family what i am going to do and my girls laugh hysterically......if you are in band at our school you are a band geek!!!!! but i am not going to let them influence my decision so off i go......we get to Urbandale...park the car and we did find an awesome spot!!!! get in the gates use the girls room and then decide to grab a bite to eat(imagine that!!) so we get in a line that is forever long....but pretty fast i have to say.....but as we are waiting in line the 2 girls in front of us proceed to discuss how they can "purr" like a cat.......ok i tell my self(10 minutes at most into the evening my kids laughed about) what is going on here....what have i got myself into....why are they saying these things, why do they know they can purr like a cat, why are you admitting to anybody else you can purr like a cat........and does this other girl CARE if you can purr like a cat.......oh yes she cares.....because she too can purr like a cat!!!!!! holy cow where am i and how did i get here!!!! so we get our "walking taco" in a DISH??????? i ate mine(surprise, surprise) Tami does not eat all of hers but tells me why...AFTER i eat ALL of mine....and i am going to spare you the details....it made my stomach weak!!!!! so after all of this we go find a seat and watch the competition(cold and rain) but i have to say i LOVED it.....i really had fun and who cares what you are doing if you get to hang out with an old friend to catch up!!!!! anyway their school got 2nd place the 1st place team and the 2nd place team scores were like 87.3 and 87.4......you can't get any closer then that!!!!! just want to say thanks for the invite.....i had a really good time...even with the crazy cat people!!!! and good job Kilie and Kacie!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Princess S said...

Oh how fun!!!! I am glad you guys got to hang out......and meet some real live cat people!!!! I am a little jealous.....I haven't met any cat people!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for stopping by! Love your blog! Melissa

Jacq ;) said...

That sounds like fun (to an old band geek)!! I'm jealous, I've not had a girls night out in FOREVER!!