Saturday, December 13, 2008

sAnTa???????


Oh you guys I think I just had the worst nite a mom could ever have!!!!!!! We were coming home from the basketball game tonite and out of the blue Kale says.....ok I have to ask you guys something and I want to know the truth. My mind went a hundred different directions in that very short time thinking oh no what is it that he wants to know and can I answer his question!??!!??!?!?! I said ok what do you want to know. He said..............Is there really a Santa or do you guys just buy the gifts and put them under the tree!?!?!??!?! Oh my gosh you guys......my heart raced a hundred mile an hour!!!!!!! I did not say a word......because I couldn't.
Troy finally says.....NO. He said.....mom he is telling the truth......I think he is just kidding me.
So I said......what do you think???? He said.....I don't know, that is why I am asking you!!!!!!
Oh my gosh you guys I had to tell him the truth!!!!!! I felt horrible.....I could tell by the sound of his voice how disappointed he was. I feel so bad part of me wishes I would have just said yes there really is a Santa. Troy and the some of the people I work with have been telling me for over a year that I need to tell him but I just couldn't do it. Kids grow up soooo fast I just wanted to hold on to that last innocent memory. Troy kept telling me he is 12.....he needs to know the truth....he will be going to JR.HI. next year and still believing in Santa.

So after a bit of silence he says so I don't think there is a tooth fairy either......right?????? Troy says........well yes there is a tooth fairy(haha very funny to my lovely husband!!!) I said no......he says.....then what do you do with all the teeth???? I said.....we just toss them in the garbage.

So I thought to myself....as long as we are being honest here I better say........and there is not an Easter Bunny either. He says......WHAT??????(oh my gosh you guys he is breaking my heart!!!)
How can that be......remember that time we stayed at Grandma Janet and Grandpa Jeff's and we woke up the next morning and there were bunny tracks(no pooh) all over the house.......how did they get there?????? Troy says........cotton balls. End of story. So thanks Grandma Janet for that wonderful memory.....that is something Kale will never forget!!!!!!!

So now I am wishing I would have fibbed for just one more year......I feel like I just made him have a horrible Christmas this year!!!!!!!

So when did you all find out or tell your kids about Santa?????

6 comments:

Princess S said...

It is a right of passage and it was time....he is such a great kid, I am sure it was very hard but you saved him from the ridicule he would have received from his friends if he had tried to defend Santa's existance. You did the right thing!!!! Just let him know that Santa is a spirit of Christmas so it is still magical!!!

Jackie said...

Eventually all kids need to know the truth - some of my 5-6 yrs old art kids have been asking the older students about Santa and is he real or not. I wish they wouldn't have to be doubters at such young ages - life is so short!

Anonymous said...

Went through the same thing last week! I just said, "If you do not believe, you will not receive." Then he asked if that was in the Bible! LOL

Geri said...

Dear Missy,
I think you did the right thing but I have to say that I believe in Santa. He is the spirit of giving. The Magi brought gifts to the baby Jesus on that first Christmas. There is a letter written to a little girl many years ago that was published in a newspaper. It might help Kale to read that. I'm sure I can find it and I'll send it. It's called "Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus"

Anonymous said...

hi ... nice to meet u

Hipmomofboyz said...

Oh, that story just breaks my heart...
All of my boys know, I think the 11 year old found out from is brothers. But today we were are Target and this man had on a red top and a real Santa beard and Connor ask who is was. I said I think he could be santa! His little mind was just a wondering. SO, I think that all children and adults should still believe in the spirit of santa.....